Welcome to this week e-Tutorial!
This week we are celebrating all things Wales and Welsh, and doing something a little slightly different.
This week you will:
- Be undertaking the Prentis Iaith, and improving your welsh language skills.
- Celebrating Welsh Identity, Culture and Pride
- Discover ways in which people find comfort and pride in Wales
Taking in pride in where we live and our country is not just about making Wales sound and look good – Research shows that feeling good about your country also makes you feel good about your own life.
Leanring Welsh is more than just about Welsh Pride however. Bilingualism strengthens cognitive abilities – bilingual people tend to be more creative and flexible. They can be more open-minded, and they also find it easier to focus on a variety of tasks simultaneously. And being able to speak two languages helps in other ways too…
- Bilingual children tend to be more successful in education. They tend to perform better in tasks
- Bilingual people find it easier to learn additional languages
- Children in Welsh medium education do just as well, if not better, in English as children in English medium education
- Speaking two languages is an extra skill to put on your application form
- Bilingual people earn an average of 11% more
- Employers need bilingual workforces in Wales, because services need to be offered bilingually
- Research shows that being bilingual delays the onset of Dementia and other symptoms of Alzheimer
- Speaking two languages widens your horizons
- Being able to speak Welsh gives you access to many aspects of Welsh culture, history and identity
- Speaking Welsh can provide a key to a rich community life
- Being able to speak Welsh gives you a strong sense of identity and belonging
- Being able to switch from one language to the other with confidence gives the individual self-confidence and pride
- Speaking many languages can make people more tolerant towards other cultures
You may already have heard about it but the Welsh Government have made a huge pledge.
To complete this eTutorial, you will undertake 6 units with Prentis Iaith, supporting your awareness of Wales and the Welsh Language. Upon completion you will be able to dowload a certificate, but at the end of each module, you can also generate a unit certificate.
These Certificates are fantastic markers of your achievements, but are also widely recognise across the employment industries.
Already Completed Prentis Iaith Awareness?
If you have already completed Prentis Iaith as part of your learning in curriculum, use the form below to request a completion note on this unit. When you have submitted your request, we will check your records, and make the completion note.
If you have not yet completed Prentis Iaith in your curriculum, you must complete this eTutorial.